Our spies have already caught the 2015 Volkswagen Passat on numerous occasions but new details are starting to emerge about the Euro-spec model.
According to Autobild's sources, the Passat will ride on the MQB platform and could spawn a number of variants including a sedan, wagon, hatchback, coupe, convertible and Alltrack.
The sedan and wagon are expected to be introduced in November 2014, while the Alltrack is due for a 2015 launch. A year later, we can expect a new Passat CC. The coupe and convertible are reportedly projects at this point and it remains unclear if they will be green-lighted for production.
Engine options remain unconfirmed but will reportedly include:
- A 1.4-liter TSI with outputs of 125 HP (92 kW) and 150 HP (110 kW)
- A 1.8-liter TSI with 180 HP (132 kW) and 300 Nm (221 lb-ft) of torque
- A 2.0-liter TSI with outputs of 220 HP (162 kW) and 280 HP (206 kW)
- A 1.6-liter TDI with 116 HP (85 kW) and 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) of torque
- A 2.0-liter TDI with outputs of 150 HP (110 kW), 184 HP (135 kW) and 231 HP (170 kW)
There could also be a range-topping Passat R with either a 300 HP (220 kW) petrol engine or a 258 HP (189 kW) diesel engine.