Our spies have managed to catch a convoy of lightly camouflaged Skoda Rapid Spacebacks.
Disguised as Fabia Combis, the prototypes reveal the model will have conservative styling that favors function over form. Despite this, we can see the car will feature a prominent grille and an upward sweeping shoulder line. The model also has longer rear doors and a sizable boot which should accommodate plenty of cargo.
Engine options will carryover from the standard model so expect choices to include:
- A 1.6-liter TDI with 90 HP (66 kW) and 230 Nm (170 lb-ft) of torque
- A 1.6-liter TDI with 105 HP (77 kW) and 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) of torque
- A 1.2-liter MPI with 75 HP (55 kW) and 112 Nm (83 lb-ft) of torque
- A 1.2-liter TSI with 86 HP (63 kW) and 160 Nm (118 lb-ft) of torque
- A 1.2-liter TSI with 105 HP (77 kW) and 175 Nm (129 lb-ft) of torque
- A 1.4-liter TSI with 122 HP (90 kW) and 200 Nm (147 lb-ft) of torque
The Skoda Rapid Spaceback is expected to debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show, so stay tuned for full details.