LOG IN

Share

Dacia won't launch a minicar

 Dacia wont launch a minicar
2012 Dacia Sandero

Rumors were indicating a Volkswagen up! rival

Renault chief Carlos Tavares has dismissed plans of a Dacia minicar arriving in the near future.

In an interview given this week to Automotive News Europe he expressed his desire to avoid having too many models in Dacia's lineup. He mentioned that by adding new models would imply high marketing costs and they "need to be communicating the brand rather than fragmenting our marketing dollars on too many models."

AutoBild previously talked about a five-door Dacia minicar due in 2015 with an estimated 5,000 EUR price tag. The German publication said it will use the platform of the new Renault Twingo combined with Sandero's design. The same source said the VW up! / Fiat Panda rival would come with a longer wheelbase to provide more room inside the cabin, together with a 250-liter cargo compartment.

Note: 2013 Dacia Sandero pictured

Related Articles

Add comment

Comments (2)

 lq930130 lq930130
Bad news!
0
0
June 1, 2013 1:39 am
 Prestige15 Prestige15
I done see the point the sandero is cheap as it is, its even cheaper then the UP
0
0
May 31, 2013 4:15 pm