Introducing The 2014 Cobra Jet Mustang
MARCH 20, 2013
Ford Racing makes the latest in racing technology available today, delivering speed and consistency for NHRA Stock and Super Stock racing. With more than four seasons of testing, racing, and customer feedback the Cobra Jet is better than ever with exciting new features, more performance and priced to be the best value in the market.
New for 2014 are new colors -- Gotta Have-it Green and a Cobra Jet-exclusive flat black (custom non-factory color) -- all-new 3-speed race transmission with SFI approved housing, and a parachute mount for racers exceeding 150 mph.
Other 2014 Feature Content includes:
* 5.0L TiVCT engine: Supercharged -- Ford Racing/Whipple 2.9L supercharger w/3.25” pulley, fully CNC-ported heads
* Lightened body assembly optimized for weight distribution
* Electric power steering - all the assist with no parasitic loss
* Rollcage optimized for rigidity and safety through finite element analysis (FEA)
* Recaro FIA race seats
* Ford Racing suspension geometry for optimum 60' times - derived from computer modeling and hundreds of 1/4-mile runs
* Off-road only, race prepped, and turn-key for NHRA Stock or Super Stock and other racing series
* Limited Production -- ONLY 50 UNITS WILL BE PRODUCED!
* Exclusive Cobra Jet content and serialized for collectability
The eMSRP is $97,990 plus optional paint and graphics.
The 2014 Cobra Jet is available for order now at Ford dealers. Availability is first-come, first-serve, All orders over the 50-unit build will be given priority placement on future Cobra Jet builds. The first 50 orders will confirm options in April 2013, and the build will commence July-October 20.
For more information, contact Ford Racing Performance Parts at 800-367-3788 or on the web at www.fordracingparts.com/cobrajet