Sebastien Ogier has managed to win the 2013 Rally Sweden in his Volkswagen Polo R WRC.
Following a second place obtained in Rally Monte Carlo, Sebastien Ogier has managed to beat Sebastien Loeb and take the first win for VW this year. Ogier finished the rally in 3 hours, 11 minutes and 41.9 seconds, while Loeb came in second at a 41.8s distance.
Thanks to this win, Sebastien Ogier is now holding the lead in the 2013 WRC season after two events with 46 points, followed by Sebastien Loeb (Citroen DS3 WRC) with 43 points. Mads Ostberg (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) who finished third in Rally Sweden is in the third place with 24 points.
The other Volkswagen Polo R WRC (driven by Jari-Matti Latvala) finished fourth at 1 minute and 30.6 seconds behind Ogier. He is now fifth with 14 points, one point less than fourth place holder Dani Sordo (Citroen DS3 WRC) who retired from the rally after an accident.
1. Sebastien Ogier Volkswagen Motorsport Polo R WRC 3h 11m 41.9s
2. Sebastien Loeb Citroen Total Abu Dhabi WRT DS3 WRC +41.8s
3. Mads Ostberg Qatar M-Sport WRT Ford Fiesta RS WRC +1m 24.5s
4. Jari-Matti Latvala Volkswagen Motorsport Polo R WRC +1m 30.6s
5. Thierry Neuville Qatar WRT Ford Fiesta RS WRC +5m 06.4s
6. Juho Hanninen Qatar WRT Ford Fiesta RS WRC +5m 43.1s
7. Martin Prokop Jipocar Czech National TeamFord Fiesta RS WRC +11m 25.4s
8. Henning Solberg Ford Fiesta RS WRC +11m 42.7s
9. Evgeny Novikov Qatar M-Sport WRT Ford Fiesta RS WRC +13m 04.7s
10. Yazeed Al-Rajhi Ford Fiesta RRC +16m 27.0s WRC2
11. Anders Grondal Subaru Impreza +17m 10.5s WRC2
12. Michal Solowow Peugeot 207 S2000 +19m 32.2s
13. Sepp Wiegand Skoda Fabia S2000 +20m 32.1s WRC2
14. Michal Kosciousko Lotos Team WRC MINI John Cooper Works WRC +25m 08.9s
15. Yuriy Protasov Subaru Impreza WRX STi +25m 28.3s WRC2
16. Nicolas Fuchs Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X +31m 16.8s WRC2
17. Mikko Hirvonen Citroen Total Abu Dhabi WRT DS3 WRC +31m 19.0s
18. Oleksiy Kikireshko MINI John Cooper S2 35m 42.3s
19. Arman Smailov Subaru Impreza STi +36m 19.0s WRC2
20. Lorenzo Bertelli Subaru Impreza +41m 52.4s