Our spies have managed to snap some of the first photos of the Audi A3 sedan.
Designed to battle the Mercedes CLA, the production model closely resembles the concept that debuted at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show. While the prototype is heavily camouflaged, we can see it will have a familiar front fascia with LED-infused headlights. The car also has a small trunk with an integrated spoiler.
Underpinned by the MQB platform, the sedan will measure roughly 4.44 meters (14.57 ft) long, 1.84 meters (6.04 ft) wide and 1.39 meters (4.56 ft) tall.
Engine options will likely carryover from the standard model, so expect choices to include:
- 1.2 TFSI with 105 HP (77 kW) and 175 Nm (129 lb-ft) of torque
- 1.4 TFSI with 122 HP (90 kW) and 200 Nm (147 lb-ft) of torque
- 1.4 TFSI with 140 HP (103 kW) and 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) of torque
- 1.8 TFSI with 180 HP (132 kW) and 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) of torque
- 2.0 TDI with 150 HP (110 kW) and 320 Nm (236 lb-ft) of torque
- 2.0 TDI with 184 HP (135 kW) and 380 Nm (280 lb-ft) of torque
The A3 sedan will debut later this year, so look for a possible unveiling in Geneva or Frankfurt.