LOG IN

Share

Red Bull says reserve driver Buemi staying

Red Bull has finally confirmed reports Sebastien Buemi is staying put as the world champion team's official reserve driver.

The 24-year-old Swiss moved into the role last year, after losing his race seat with Red Bull's secondary team, Toro Rosso.

The Swiss newspaper Sonntagsblick reported more than two weeks ago that Buemi had definitely dropped out of the running for the second Force India drive.

"Buemi will again be signed as reserve driver for Red Bull and Toro Rosso," said veteran correspondent Roger Benoit on January 7.

Red Bull quoted Buemi in a media statement on Tuesday: "It's good to remain with the team for another year."

Published Jan 22, 2013 7:49 am
Posted in:

Add comment