New 2013 Dodge Dart GT Model to Debut at North American International Auto Show
Dart GT model hits the mark with 184 horsepower, premium Nappa leather and a sport-tuned suspension that caters to the driving enthusiast for a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of only $20,995
- Dart GT is powered by the 2.4-liter Tigershark MultiAir2 four-cylinder engine, which produces 184 horsepower and 174 lb.-ft. of torque, providing just the right balance of power and fuel efficiency
- New 2013 Dart GT model features a sport suspension with frequency-sensing damping shocks that delivers ride and handling attributes designed to cater to driving enthusiasts
- Unique exterior and interior design elements, including standard 18-inch aluminum wheels and premium perforated Nappa heated leather seats, differentiate the GT model from the rest of the Dart lineup
- Standard class-exclusive features include racetrack LED taillamps, integrated dual exhaust, 8.4-inch touchscreen, 7-inch TFT display, in-seat storage and much more
- The new 2013 Dart GT delivers an incredible value, with a starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of just $20,995
January 8, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Dodge brand dug deep into its rich, nearly 100-year history to name its all-new compact car, the 2013 Dodge Dart, and is again drawing on the storied history for the newest Dodge Dart model.
The sporty Dart GT model originally made its debut in 1963 and offered drivers enhanced performance and style, including a heavy-duty suspension that delivered improved ride and handling characteristics.
The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart GT model delivers sport-tuned suspension attributes that cater to the driving enthusiast, distinctive styling, including standard class-exclusive racetrack LED taillamps and integrated dual exhaust, and it’s loaded with premium standard features, including perforated heated Nappa Leather seats, 8.4-inch touchscreen and 7-inch TFT for an outstanding value, with a starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of only $20,995 (excluding destination).
“The new Dart GT embodies the best attributes that compact car buyers are looking for, including outstanding style, performance, technology and value,” said Reid Bigland, President and CEO Dodge Brand. “With 184 horsepower, 18-inch aluminum wheels, sport suspension, premium leather interior and several class-exclusive features, the Dart GT represents the sweet spot in the compact car market, offering mid-size roominess combined with premium amenities for only $20,995 MSRP.”
The Dart GT model is the latest addition to the 2013 Dodge Dart lineup, which currently includes the Dart SE, SXT, Rallye, Aero and Limited models. Dodge continues to investigate a high-performance R/T model.
Building off the exceptionally well-equipped Dart Limited, the GT adds: 184 horsepower 2.4-iter Tigershark with MultiAir 2 with six-speed manual or available six-speed PowerTech automatic AutoStick; 18-inch aluminum wheels; sport suspension with frequency sensing damping shocks; unique performance front fascia with black accents and Hyper Black grille; black projector headlamp bezels; body-color door handles; class-exclusive integrated dual exhaust with bright exhaust tips; class-exclusive racetrack LED taillamps; unique premium Nappa perforated leather seats in Black with Ruby Red stitching or two-tone Black/Ruby Red; class-exclusive heated steering wheel; heated front seats; dual-zone automatic temperature control; remote start (with automatic transmission); universal garage door opener and GT badge.
Additional standard equipment on the 2013 Dart GT model includes: projector fog lamps; power heated mirrors with supplemental signals and courtesy lamps; class-exclusive 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen; class-exclusive floating island bezel; ParkView rear backup camera; class-exclusive 7-inch TFT (Thin Film Transistor) reconfigurable instrument cluster display; premium door trim panel with soft-touch upper surfaces; leather steering wheel with audio controls and speed control; accent stitching on the instrument panel; power 10-way driver seat, including power lumbar support; driver and front passenger seatback pockets; overhead console with sunglass holder; front passenger in-seat storage; illuminated front cup holders; illuminated vanity mirrors; temperature and compass gauge; 12-volt auxiliary power outlet in console; speed-sensitive power locks; power windows with express one-touch up/down front windows; ambient LED interior lighting; automatic headlamps; active grille shutters; underbody aerodynamic treatment; tire pressure monitoring display; air conditioning with micron filter; power mirrors; remote keyless entry; front center console with fore and aft sliding armrest; 60/40 split folding rear seat with armrest with storage/cup holders and trunk pass-through; six-speakers; security alarm; front and rear floor mats and 600-amp maintenance-free battery.
A variety of options are available to allow the GT customer the ability to personalize their Dart to their exact specifications. It starts with a choice of 12 exterior colors – all available at no extra charge – including Redline Red, Header Orange, Blue Streak, Citrus Peel, Laguna Blue, Pitch Black, Tungsten, Bright Silver, Bright White, True Blue, Maximum Steel and Winter Chill.
Optional equipment includes:
- Six-speed Powertech automatic transmission with AutoStick
- Technology Group (push-button start, keyless Enter ‘N Go, rain sensing wipers, smart beam headlamps, blind spot monitoring with rear cross path detection)
- 18-inch Hyper Black Aluminum Wheels
- Power Sunroof
- HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlamps
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- Garmin Navigation with Sirius XM Travel Link
- Alpine Premium Sound System with 10 speakers, including subwoofer and 506 watt amplifier
- Engine block heater