YOU LIKED IT, WE'VE MADE IT: CITROËN'S FACEBOOK CROWDSOURCED C1 CONNEXION SPECIAL EDITION NOW ON SALE
- Citroën C1 Connexion special edition, crowdsourced on Facebook®, on sale now, priced from £9,495
- Based on the VTR trim level with added equipment & features - including alloy wheels & metallic paint
- First production car on UK roads resulting from an app created in collaboration with Facebook
- Chosen from the most popular of more than 24,000 configurations
Citroën has revealed prices for its new C1 Connexion - the first production car in the UK created from an app which was created in collaboration with Facebook. The C1 Connexion is on sale now with 3 or 5 doors, priced at £9,495 and £9,845 respectively.
More than 24,000 configurations were submitted through Citroën's Facebook Page to create the special edition. Members of the public were invited to visit a virtual ‘factory floor' to choose what the model should look like and what features it should have. The final design of C1 Connexion was created from the most popular configuration.
The name badge that features on the car was also designed by a Citroën Facebook fan.
Based on the well-specified C1 1.0i 68 manual in VTR trim, the C1 Connexion will also feature 14"alloy wheels, dark tinted rear windows, Caldera Black metallic paint and Scarlet Red exterior and interior detailing.
The generous standard specification on C1 VTR models currently includes;
- ABS & EBD
- Variable power assisted steering
- Driver's, front passenger's & front lateral airbags
- Daytime-running LEDs
- Air conditioning
- Front electric windows
Additional features on the C1 Connexion;
- 14" ‘Rift' alloy wheels (set of four)
- Caldera Black metallic paint
- Dark tinted rear windows
- Connexion Exterior Look Pack (Scarlet Red door mirrors, door handles & rear number plate surround)
- Connexion Interior Look Pack (Scarlet Red rev counter, speedometer, air vent, gear lever, centre console, interior door & electric window button surrounds, sill protectors & carpet mats)
The C1 Connexion is priced at just £500 more than the VTR version on which it is based, but is specified with well over £925 of additional equipment.
Fuel and CO2 efficient, the C1 Connexion's 1.0i 68 petrol engine delivers combined cycle fuel economy of 65.7mpg with CO2 emissions of just 99g/km - making the model VED free and exempt from the London Congestion Charge.
Marc Raven, Citroën's Communications Director, said; "Citroën UK has a great relationship with its Facebook community - now almost 100,000 strong - and we're always looking to give something back with exclusive news or competitions. Now Citroën fans can look forward to seeing this special edition C1, which they helped produce, on sale across the UK. I think that's something they can be very proud of."