New C-Class models to be launched in June 2012: The C-Class has never been more sporty
Geneva/Stuttgart. Mercedes-Benz is sharpening the profile of the C-Class: with the new coupé models "Sport", developed together with AMG, and the new "AMG Plus Sports package", there has never been a wider choice of sporty versions. These models are available from June 2012. The "AMG Plus Sports package" can be combined with all body and engine variants.
"Refined sportiness is a brand value we hold dear, and with the new Sport models we are shifting the emphasis of the C-Class a little more towards sportiness," says Dr. Joachim Schmidt,Executive Vice President Mercedes-Benz Cars, Sales and Marketing. "This means that in the C-Class, alongside the top-of-the-range C 63 AMG, we have the widest ever line-up of sporty models." In the future there will also be technically and visually upgraded Sport models in other model series, for example the new A-Class.
The name says it all - the new Coupé models C 250 Sport and C 250 CDI Sport are decidedly dynamic, as the performance specialists at AMG were heavily involved in their development. In addition to the visually enhanced AMG Plus Sports package, both models have technical features which further increase driving enjoyment. Cornering and handling characteristics are more dynamic thanks to an AMG sports suspension, more direct speed-sensitive sports steering, a sports exhaust system and a more sporty transmission configuration in S and M mode. The matt paint finish "designo magno platinum" is exclusively available for the Sport models.
The AMG Plus Sports package lends an even more sporty aura to the Coupé, Saloon and Estate. As additions to the AMG Sports package it includes AMG 7-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels, an AMG spoiler lip and sports seats in black ARTICO man-made leather/DINAMICA. Red seat belts and red contrasting topstitching on the steering wheel, seats, door centre panels, door armrests, centre console and shift lever gaiter add further sporty touches.
C-Class Coupé Sport - engineered by AMG: technically and visually
The two four-cylinder models, both with an output of 150 kW (204 hp), are available as "Sport" models from June 2012. In addition to the new AMG Plus Sports package and black exterior mirrors, they have the following technical features for even more driving enjoyment:
- AMG sports suspension with spring and damper setup for optimised lateral dynamics plus modified camber and bearings
- Sports braking system with larger brake discs
- Speed-sensitive sports steering with more direct ratio
- Sports exhaust system, with sound generator in the rear silencer in the case of the C 250 CDI Sport
- Engine management with more responsive accelerator mapping
- More sporty transmission configuration in S and M mode, with shorter shift times, double-declutch function and active downshift when braking
- AMG Plus Sports package: more sporty look for all model variants
The AMG Plus Sports package can be combined with all body and engine variants. Key features at a glance:
- AMG 7-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in high-gloss black with high-sheen finish, tyre size 225/40 R 18 (front) and 255/35 R 18 (rear)
- AMG bodystyling with front apron, side sill panels and rear apron
- AMG spoiler lip
- Sports seats in black ARTICO man-made leather/DINAMICA with red contrasting topstitching
- Door centre panels in black DINAMICA
- 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel with flattened lower section and red contrasting topstitching
- designo seat belts in red (deselectable option)
- Sports pedal cluster in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
- Red contrasting topstitching on selector lever, centre console armrest and door panels
- AMG floor mats with red edging band