American rapper, record producer, record executive, entrepreneur, and occasional actor, Dr. Dre, has collaborated with Chrysler to add his namesake audio system to yet another Chrysler vehicle.
Debuting in the 2012 Dodge Charger for the first time "Beats by Dr. Dre" audio system appears at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas and next week at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Earlier in 2011 "Beats by Dr. Dre" audio system was first introduced on the Chrysler 300 models.
Never ceasing to capitalize on their celebrity as a brand, pop stars are churning out new product ideas daily. Reid Bigland, President and CEO of the Dodge Brand confirms, "Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine have built their careers on revolutionary and forward thinking decisions that formulate trends in music, popular culture and technology," "Our goal in partnering with Beats by Dr. Dre is to integrate their recording-studio quality audio experience for our Charger enthusiasts to feel and hear their favorite music as it was intended - all while heightening the street performance and technology assets of the new 2012 Dodge Charger."
The Beats Audio system will be standard equipment on the 2012 Dodge Charger R/T Max and included with the Blacktop Package or Rallye Appearance Group on Dodge Charger SXT models. The Beats Audio system is also included with the Sound Group and Wheels and Tunes Group on Dodge Charger R/T models. The system includes:
- Three 3.5-inch speakers located in the instrument panel
- Two 3.5-inch speakers located in the rear doors
- Two 6 x 9-inch front-door woofers provide bass
- Two 6 x 9-inch speakers and a center-mounted 8-inch speaker located in the rear-shelf area provide full-range audio
- Maximizing how music genres from hip hop to Motown should sound and feel, an 8-inch Beats Audio trunk-mounted dual-voice coil subwoofer with sealed enclosure delivers tight, powerful, punchy bass
The 2012 Dodge Charger equipped with Beats by Dr. Dre" audio system is due in the first quarter of this year.