The new Peugeot 308 Technologically efficient and elegant
The new Peugeot 308 comes with a new look, features innovative e-HDi micro-hybrid technology and optimises fuel consumption and CO2 emissions, which start from just 98 g/km.
With its new lines, the Peugeot 308 subtly incorporates the Marque's latest stylistic codes. The car's body follows the contours of the mechanical assembly underneath. The appeal of the three body shapes (Saloon, CC and SW) thus acquires a more technological elegance, illustrated by the presence of LED front lights with light guide. Dynamism and emotion are present as ever in the genes of the 308, particularly with its more assertive look thanks to new Xenon headlamps with titanium coloured mask and the hatchback in its exclusive GTi finish.
Determined to consolidate its leadership in terms of road holding and driving pleasure, the Peugeot 308 seeks to become a reference in terms of environmental efficiency. Indeed, following in the footsteps of the 508, the new Peugeot 308 features innovative e-HDi micro-hybrid technology, the latest generation STOP & START, on the 1.6 litre HDi FAP 112 bhp Euro 5 engine. This offer, on the "entry level" engine, is available with a semi-automatic manual gearbox and, for the first time, with a full manual gearbox, for optimal driveability.
In addition to micro-hybrid technology, all factors impacting the level of CO2 emissions have been optimised:
- weight reduced by 25 kg on average per car;
- launch of 16" tyres with Very Low Rolling Resistance;
- optimisation of the latest generation engines (VTi,
THP, HDi Euro 5);
- Cx of 0.28 for versions with a low fuel consumption -
A record in the segment.
Fuel consumption sets the standard:
- 98 g/km of CO2
* for the 308 saloon 1.6 litre e-HDi
FAP 112 bhp BMP6 - A record in the segment
(* pending approval, available in the summer of 2011
- 104 g/km CO2
- available power trains, comprising 4 petrol engines ranging from 98 bhp to 200 bhp for the exclusive GTi version and 4 diesel engines from 92 bhp to 163 bhp, have also been optimised to ensure a comprehensive range of engines guaranteeing environmental efficiency. As a result, the basic version
- the 308 saloon 1.6 litre HDi FAP 92 bhp with manual gearbox is well positioned, with CO2 emissions reduced to only 110 g/km.
The dimensions and quality of equipment on the new 308 remain unchanged, regardless of body shape, guaranteeing a spacious and comfortable passenger compartment. The same is true of primary, secondary and tertiary safety, which remain at the highest level.
The new 308 will receive its world premiere at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show and will go on sale from April 2011 in Europe. Its mission is to continue the success story of the 308 family, with nearly 900,000 models sold since its launch in September 2007.