If the Pagoni Zonda Cinque doesn't seem rare, exclusive, or exotic enough for you, Horacio Pagani and company have a solution: the Zonda Cinque Roadster.
Like the Zonda Cinque, the Roadster is a limited-edition, five-car model run. The street-legal Zonda R is almost identical to the hardtop, though the carbon-titanium chassis has been tweaked to accommodate the removable roof. With the top removed, the Zonda Cinque Roadster sports a mostly-open cabin with only an engine air scoop protruding above. The roof is stored up front.
The specifications mark the Zonda Cinque Roadster as the most exotic of exotics: an AMG engine making 678 horsepower and 780 Nm torque, ceramic-coated titanium exhaust, traction control and a six-speed sequential transmission by Cima. The nineteen- and twenty-inch aluminum/magnesium wheels are forged by APP and wrapped in Pirelli P-Zero rubber, and of course Brembo provides carbo-ceramic brakes with six-piston calipers. The Zonda Cinque Roadster's 1210kg curb weight is the same as that of the hardtop, as is the reported 3.4-second 0-100km/h run.
The price? €1.3 million, plus taxes. That said, with a production run of just five vehicles, it's a fair bet that the Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster has already sold out.
Zonda Cinque Roadster
The Pagani roadcar model range would not be complete without a Roadster version of the Zonda Cinque. As the name implies it is created in the Modenese Atelier in a limited production run of merely five exclusive pieces like its coupé sister.
All weight reduction measures adopted by Pagani to improve driving pleasure, performance and emission of the Zonda Cinque have found use in the Cinque Roadster as well. The Carbon-Titanium chassis has been redesigned for the compensation of a missing roof.
The Cinque experience is enhanced with the roof stored in the front bonnet, when the storm of air being fed to the 678hp Mercedes AMG V12 engine through the massive intake just inches over the passengers' ears, accompanies the exhaust note of the bespoke Zonda Cinque Inconel and Titanium exhaust system.
Whether you opt for a relaxed country drive in Tuscany's hills, visiting Florence and other centres of the Italian Renaissance, or a record hunt at the Nürburgring, this 1.3 milion Euro + taxes jewel will reward with every day driveability and ultimate performance thanks to the different drive modes of the sequential robostised gearbox and an adjustable suspension setup
that feels at home as well at the racetrack as on bumpy roads.
The constant efforts of Horacio Pagani and his team shows once again how art and engineering can be combined in the Zonda Cinque Roadster.
- Mercedes Benz AMG engine, Power: 678 hp, Torque: 780 Nm
- Carbon-titanium monocoque
- ECU, Traction control, ABS by Bosch Engineering
- Inconel/titanium exhaust system coated with ceramic
- Suspensions in magnesium and titanium
- Cima sequential gearbox (6 speed), robotized by Automac enginnering
- APP monolitic wheels forged in aluminium and magnesium, Size: front 9x19 - rear 12,5x20
- Pirelli PZero tyres. Size: front 255/35/19 - rear 335/30/20
- Pagani leather/carbon fibre racing seats
- Brembo brakes in carbo-ceramic self ventilated with hydraulic servo brake, Size: front 380x34 mm, monolitic 6 piston caliper; rear 380x34 mm, monolitic 4 piston caliper
- Dry weight 1.210 kg
- Weight distribution in driving condition: 47% front, 53% rear
- Acceleration: 0-100 Km in 3.4 sec., 0-200 in 9.6 sec.
- Braking: 100-0 km in 2.1 sec., 200-0 km 4.3 sec.
- Maximum side acceleration: 1,45 G (with road tyres)
- Downforce at 300 kph: 750 kg