"The World's Most Beautiful Automobile 2004" Awards"
The international jury that determines the annual awards for "The World's Most Beautiful Automobile", comprising specialist designers, art historians and journalists in the motor car sector, presented the SEAT Altea and the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti with a special award for 2004.
Sixty models submitted throughout the year by thirty different brands participated in the contest which took place in Milan, Italy. On the basis of the international jury's verdict two other models from the Audi brand group were voted "The World's Most Beautiful Automobile 2004" in their respective categories: the Audi A6 in the large saloon category and the Lamborghini MurciÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â©lago Roadster as the world's most beautiful "supercar".
On hearing the news Walter deÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â´Silva, Head of Design of the Audi brand group and Head of Design of SEAT, commented that "these highly prestigious awards confirm that we are working in the right direction and endorse our design strategy".
Six awards in less than a year
The Altea has been on the market for less than a year and has already won six different awards. Specialists in different sectors, specialised car magazines and magazine readers have voted the Altea as the winner of the awards listed below:
- Best Concept Car 2003, presented by the Designers (Europe) organisation
- Red Dot: Best of the Best, awarded by The Design Centre of Rhineland-Westphalia (Germany)
- "Autonis", awarded by the German magazines Auto-Strassenverkehr and Mot
- Caravan Club Towncar of the Year Awards, in collaboration with the English magazine What Car?
- "Auto Trophy 2004", awarded by the German car magazine Autozeitzung